The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cats & Houseplants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: cats!!| Next thread: cats & leaves »
Back to Thread index
by creepin' jenni on April 02, 2004 08:18 PM
Does anyone have any advice on keeping my 8 month old cats from destroying my houseplants? I used to have quite a few but the only ones I have left know are my cacti. I really miss having my houseplants around. [tears]

Jenni
by minnycourt on April 03, 2004 06:47 PM
I have the same problem. My kitty is so bad that when I am watering my plants I can’t even leave the room because he will try to eat them. I have my indoor plants on my fire place mantel and another one on a tall book shelf. Not ideal but it gives me the ability to enjoy my plants and my kitty.

I hope this helps.

Minnycourt

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
by Pellonpekko on April 08, 2004 01:27 AM
[Razz] good luck

mine love to graze on mine.
maybe grow them kitty grass & catnip in the vain attempt that they will only eat 'their' plants?
by lxygurl on April 15, 2004 09:19 PM
My cat only bothered with certain plants. I have a very large snake plant in my livingroom and she never even gave it a thought. But my dish garden she loves. I had to keep it on top of my fridge for the winter until I can put it back on my closed in porch. The only thing that I was able to do was put the plants she liked in a spot she couldn't reach. Also, the dish garden on the top of the fridge, she could get to if she wanted. She would only bother it there when she saw me watering it. I would have to sneak it so she would forget about it. [Wink]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cats!!| Next thread: cats & leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: