The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Prayer Plant Cuttings?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: prayer plant?| Next thread: Prayer Plant leaves are crispy »
Back to Thread index
by Merme on January 03, 2005 10:23 PM
So Maxi made cuttings from our Prayer Plant late in October and has dutifully kept them in a jar of water on the kitchen windowsill with southwestern light. Now the roots seem to be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. When will they be ready to pot?

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by Amy R. on January 03, 2005 10:57 PM
hi merme,
i don't know much about prayer plants(although i think they are gorgeous) but i think they are ready to go. i know that some plants if left rooted in water too long have trouble adapting to the new soil medium. hopefully someone else will come along and verify. good luck! makes me want to get one. [grin]
by Jiffymouse on January 04, 2005 04:34 AM
i'd pot them up now... by the way, thanks for the reminder, i need to pot mine up!
by Wally on January 04, 2005 01:20 PM
I think my thumb may be turning green!
I have a Prayer plant clipping that I stuck staight in the dirt four weeks ago.
It did well for two weeks and then started to curl up...thought it was a gonner!I just gave it a little water every day for the first two weeks, then every two days since.
Threw open the curtains this morning and what do you know?It has spread out again and is a nice darkish green with beautiful spots!!!
I've tried this way of planting Prayer plants twice before and they both died.Who knows? Maybe this one will too.
I'll keep you posted

Work hard. Play hard. Be HONEST !!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: prayer plant?| Next thread: Prayer Plant leaves are crispy »
Back to Thread index