The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yellowing Bamboo

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: yellow trumpet vine| Next thread: YELLOWING GARDENIA »
Back to Thread index
by Alaska Plant Lover on January 19, 2005 09:29 PM
I just bought three little starts of an unknown bamboo plant from the local grocery market. I took them to my office and watered them before the weekend. When I returned to work, two of the three plants had turned yellow, starting at the tips and moving down the leaf. The stalks are also yellow. It looks like I have overwatered them, and I was wondering if there is hope for these plants. Can they revive after they have turned yellow and been overwatered?
by Amy R. on January 19, 2005 11:51 PM
hey Alaska Plant Lover!
i used to tramp around Sitka(or i should write the P-Bar)and all around SE AK, so it's nice to hear from that part of the world again.
anyway, i'm assuming that it is a lucky bamboo? if so, google www.thegardenhelper.com +lucky bamboo, and you should see the links.
i hope that works for you, and good luck with your plant.
p.s. mine have never really been lucky. [tears]
by Alaska Plant Lover on January 20, 2005 02:17 AM
How do you know if you have a "lucky bamboo" or not? The label on these bamboo plants only says that they are tropical foliage, and doesn't even state that they are bamboo plants. I know it is a bamboo plant because....well I used to live in Hawaii. Anyways, how do I know if it is a "lucky bamboo" and not some other type of bamboo?????
by Amy R. on January 20, 2005 04:25 AM
wow, i have no idea. usually if it's a lucky bamboo, it comes with some little ditty on why it's lucky, etc. you could try doing a bamboo search, which i just did, but there are way too many links to post here. also, i believe a lucky bamboo is really a draceana. anyway, hopefully someone will come along that can help you better.
*the reason why i thought it would be a lucky bamboo is that you are in AK, and i can't imagine they would be selling much tropical plants there. but who knows? =)

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: yellow trumpet vine| Next thread: YELLOWING GARDENIA »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: