The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Looking for houseplants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by gardenfairy on July 25, 2006 12:40 PM
A friend of mine recently gave me an angel-leaf begonia and I would like to get some more houseplants. I would like some with some color that would do well on my porch in the summers. My porch gets some light during the day but not a lot. Any suggestions?

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by RugbyHukr on July 25, 2006 02:54 PM
most colorful plants need a lot of light.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by angelblossom on July 25, 2006 02:57 PM
I have a Kolanchoe that blooms all spring and summer it gets a little morning sun and is porch shaded the rest of the day [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by D on July 26, 2006 03:50 PM
Do u have anything to trade for house plants? I have several we can trade for including devil's ivy, spider plants both green and variegated, and some others........lmk

D
by gardenfairy on July 26, 2006 03:55 PM
I mostly have seeds, zinnia, white dature(moon flower bush) and I should have some moonvine seeds towards fall.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by chenno on July 26, 2006 06:21 PM
D

I have several ivy plants, would love spider plants, pm if you would like to trade.
Angie

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: