The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cattleya orchid

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Cattails running amuck!! HELP| Next thread: Cauliflower too »
Back to Thread index
by willow on March 14, 2004 01:55 AM
Purchased two cattleyas in bud (showing color) Do I fertilize or with hold? I've read "fertilize weakly and weekly"-What to do?
by weezie13 on March 14, 2004 03:03 AM
Hi Willow [wayey] [flower] [wayey]
Welcome aboard! Glad you found us!!
Just so you know, I'm going to move your post into our House Plant Section, so that the
gardeners that are the house plant gardeners can help you a little bit better...
But Welcome, we have lot's of sections to visit.
Take a little bit of time and take a bunch of peaks through, and keep on coming back!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Will Creed on March 15, 2004 01:02 AM
Hi Willow,

Without knowing the particulars of your Cattleya, I will note that most Orchids do best in they are fed with every watering. However, you have to adjust the dilution to accommodate this frequent fertilizing program.

If you water your Cattleyas weekly, then you should use it at one-quarter the recommended rate on the label. If you water twice per week, then use it at one-eighth strength. If twice per month, then half strength.

The more frequently you water, the weaker the concentration. Hence "weekly, weakly."

Be sure to use a complete fertilizer - one that includes minor and trace elements listed on the label as well as the majors (nitrogen phophorous, potassium).

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cattails running amuck!! HELP| Next thread: Cauliflower too »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: