The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I didn't write down the scientific name ooops

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: I didn't lose them| Next thread: I don't know! »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on December 20, 2005 11:50 AM
Does anyone know the watering requirements for Mexican Tea? I didn't write down the scientific name and I think that's going to be a problem isn't it?

-
 -
by dodge on December 23, 2005 08:44 AM
SPEAKING OF SCIENTIFIC NAMES....
WHY DO THEY WANT US TO USE THOSE? I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH.

[dunno]
DODGE..

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by tkhooper on December 24, 2005 11:37 PM
they are internationally recognized. Some plants have local common names and sometimes two different plants have the same common names in different locations. So for clarity the scientific name is always best. But like you i'm not very good at remembering, pronouncing or spelling them lol.

-
 -
by Bill on December 25, 2005 12:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dodge:
SPEAKING OF SCIENTIFIC NAMES....
WHY DO THEY WANT US TO USE THOSE? I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING ENGLISH.

[dunno]
DODGE..

[teacher] Why We Use Botanical Names to Identify Plants

-
by Patty S on December 26, 2005 03:32 AM
Wow! Thanx for the link, Bill! (I've always wondered about that "genus" & "species" stuff!) Very compendious explanation, but It's almost too deep for me - will have to go read it over again to absorb all that, I'm sure! ...& I LOVE those tables of root words! VERY helpful! [thumb]

I have a chance to get in on the next Master Gardener class, which starts in January & still has spaces available. A few friends are really dogging me to sign up, but I'm trying to get them to accept the fact that I've already committed to groups of 1st - 4th graders this school year, on the day the MG class is scheduled. (I'm firm in the belief that consistent structure is vital to the learning process, so I refuse to pull the plug on them & alter that schedule halfway through the year!) Maybe next year... but meanwhile, I have everything I need to know right at my fingertips, here on The Garden Helper! Thanx!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I didn't lose them| Next thread: I don't know! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: