The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

lantana

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Landscaping Help!| Next thread: lantana »
Back to Thread index
by leafmom on November 13, 2005 11:51 AM
I have some fantastic multicolor pink lantana about 3ft. by 3 ft. With cold weather upon us in Zone 6, would like to know if they will keep outside over winter or if I just have to buy new ones in May?
by 4Ruddy on November 13, 2005 03:08 PM
Hey Leafman...I am in zone 7 and all I do to mine is mow them down before the first frost and they come back good as new in the spring! I absolutely love lantana! It is pretty much a maintenence free plant. They had some new golds this year and they are beautiful!!! Someone who is more familiar with your zone should be by here soon!

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by weezie13 on November 13, 2005 08:49 PM
Up here in Zone 5 they are an annual
I'd have to bring inside to over winter...

Do you get snow or sub zero temps' where
you live???

And where do you have them planted???
By a base of a house you'd have a better
chance with them then say, out in the wide open.

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by leafmom on November 14, 2005 12:21 AM
Thanks for the info. Occasionally we get below zero, but that is rare. They are close to the house, but not at the base of it. How would you overwinter them in the house?
by MaryReboakly on November 14, 2005 02:20 AM
Hi Leafmom! I'm in zone 6 (Southern Il) and have Lantana that I'm planning on overwintering outside this year -- I'm just going to mulch heavily and see if it works. I just don't have the room to bring stuff inside for the winter so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Keep us posted on how yours does, and I'll do the same. I hope it comes back - though it's a bit stinky and itchy, it's so pretty!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Landscaping Help!| Next thread: lantana »
Back to Thread index