The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Water spots on leafs of rubber tree plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Water spikes| Next thread: waterfall »
Back to Thread index
by honeybee50_1955 on June 11, 2006 06:38 AM
I have rescued a rubber tree plant from a garage sale and the leafs have water spots all over them...i have tried using a soft sponge with water it didnt do a thing..i also tried a mild soap with the sponge and still didnt do anything ...does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem? its a nice healthy looking plant other wise...any thoughts would be much appreciated.
honeybee [thinker] [Smile]

live for the day for you never know what tomorrow holds.
by joclyn on June 11, 2006 02:20 PM
maybe some rubbing alcohol? (use qtips)
by Jiffymouse on June 11, 2006 05:51 PM
i second the rubbing alcohol, because, it might not be water spots, but rather scale. my rubber plant at work was eat up with scale and i did't know it! when i discovered it, i made an alcohol/soap spray for it, and it got rid of the buggies nicely, except then i had to wipe the dried up critters!! i'd either use spray (1 part alcohol, 4-5 parts water, 2 squirts soap) or wipe with a cloth dampened with alcohol. but you have to be careful that you get in the crevices of the leaves, and also on the stem.
by honeybee50_1955 on June 13, 2006 09:03 PM
thanks so much for the ideas i had tried just alcohol and it hadnt made a dent on the spots...at least that i could tell ..but i did try the 1 part alcohol,4-5 parts with , 2 squirts soap and it seems to have done the trick...i have had to do it a few times but the leaves look great again...

live for the day for you never know what tomorrow holds.
by Jiffymouse on June 14, 2006 02:11 PM
[thumb] glad that worked!!! and thanks for the update.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Water spikes| Next thread: waterfall »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: