The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

POTHOS REGENERATION

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Pothos questions| Next thread: Potica »
Back to Thread index
by beauc on June 06, 2006 03:06 PM
ALLRIGHTYTHEN,HEY FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS! HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS ON MAKING A STUBBORN POTHOS REGENERATE LEAVES ON A BARE SECTION OF VINE? [dunno] I HAVE SOME THAT ARE ABOUT 15 YRS OLD THAT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO BRING MYSELF TO CHOP BACK.THEY ARE DOING GREAT ON THE ENDS BUT...WELL,YOU KNOW HOW IT IS. THANX,BEAU. [thumb]

"After the world has done it's worst,we must cultivate our gardens" =Voltair=
by Patty S on June 06, 2006 08:32 PM
I've got a lot of Pothos (growing in pots & in water vases) & I've never seen one grow leaves back in the 'blank spaces', after they've fallen off. Your best bet is to snip the vine off past the last leaf (before the empty section), so it can use its energy to make the vine grow long again. (Ya, I know it's hard when you feel like you're butchering it, but your plant will look nicer & be a lot happier for the trim!)  -

If there are leaves toward the end of the vine, past the empty spot, trim the vine so that you have at least one node where roots will develop, & put it in water. After roots are well developed you can add it to the pot with the older plant, if you want.

I haven't had the leaf loss problem with my potted Pothos since I put them in a location with bright refleted light (away from direct sunlight), & I let the soil get pretty dry between waterings (every 2 weeks or so).

Best of luck with yours ...and by the way, welcome to the forum!  - We look forward to getting to know you & finding out what other plants you have. (How about outdoor plants... got any?) [flower]

-
 -
by beauc on June 07, 2006 02:03 AM
HEY,THANX PATTY S,THATS PRETTY MUCH THE GENERAL CONSENSUS ON MY POTHOS,I HAVE TWO HERE ON THE BOAT THAT I STARTED THAT WAY 10 YRS AGO. I WORK A 30 ON,15 OFF SCHEDULE SO MY PLANTS STAY PRETTY DRY! THANX FOR THE WELCOME! AS FOR OUTSIDE PLANTS,HAVE ONLY BEEN IN NEW PLACE A YEAR NOW.COMPLETELY BLANK SLATE ON MOVING IN.BUT,I DO LOVE A CHALLANGE! RIGHT NOW WE HAVE PLAIN TARO,BANANA,CRIMINUM LILY,CANNAS,AND SUCH.MY GARDENING BUDGET IS SMALL,BUT I'VE NEVER MET A STRANGER WHEN IT COMES TO BEGGING STARTS!MORE TO COME! THANX! BEAU.

"After the world has done it's worst,we must cultivate our gardens" =Voltair=

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pothos questions| Next thread: Potica »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: