The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

8 YR Old Tropical Plant is Suddenly Sick

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: 7foot 2 inch Marigold| Next thread: 911 - Grape Tomatoes »
Back to Thread index
by AlsWife on May 31, 2006 05:03 AM
Please HELP. I've had this quenepa AKA limonsillo AKA mamoncillo tree for 8 years without problem. It's hot here in NJ so I put him on the porch to get some good sun.... HE GOT SICK! I've since brought him in and he's got little specks on the leaves...then they dry up and fall off!!!!! What do I do?
by margaret e. pell on May 31, 2006 05:23 AM
Could it be sunburn? When the specks (how big? how many per leaf? on the side toward the direct sun or away from it[or both]?) dry up and fall off, do they leave holes in the leaves, or green, yellow, or brown leaf tissue underneath? Did you spray it or get water on the leaves before putting it out? Was it out over a night so it could have gotten dew or rain drips on the leaves? Tell us more and we can help!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by AlsWife on May 31, 2006 05:41 AM
The specks are the size of period points. They look like rust from further away, but up close they seem to have a light brown center point, and then the outer rim is a darker brown, rust color. He was left outside two nights. I thought the heat/sun would be good for a tropical plant. I guess I was wrong. No holes in the leaves...they just get speckled and then dry up green. They aren't really browning...
I didn't spray anything on it...I always just water the soil. What else do you need to know? He can't die. I've had him for years!!!
by AlsWife on May 31, 2006 05:44 AM
By the way, since I moved the plant inside, the original sun orientation might have changed...so I can't tell you if the sun side is the burnt side. It seems to be happening all over anyway
by AlsWife on May 31, 2006 06:04 AM
how do I send you a pic?
by Tonya on May 31, 2006 06:48 AM
The easiest way is to open an account at photobucket (it's free) and once you upload the photo to photobucket you can resize and post from there. You will have to copy the IMG link and paste it into a reply window here. Hope that makes sense! [grin]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Jiffymouse on May 31, 2006 10:52 AM
[thumb] perfect tonya!
by AlsWife on May 31, 2006 04:43 PM
I can't seem to set up the pic...can anyone help me without a pic?
by Tonya on June 01, 2006 01:52 AM
Is it getting better or are there more leaves involved now that it is inside? I hope someone who knows more than I do sees this. All I can think is that maybe the dew ans sun caused a sunburn, like Margaret said. Good luck!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: 7foot 2 inch Marigold| Next thread: 911 - Grape Tomatoes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: