The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Laundry T's&Clematis

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Latin Names| Next thread: Laura's Aloe Vera email? »
Back to Thread index
by litsis14 on October 23, 2005 12:29 AM
I need help. A few years ago I planted a Clematis at the base of my laundry T, well last winter the ice storm broke my T. I need to put a new one up but am afraid to mess with the plant? It took me 5 different trys to get one to grow. Should I leave the broken T (stands about 5-4 foot high) and just put new T behind it? Please help. I went without my line all summer because this was the first summer she ever bloomed. [flower]
by obywan59 on October 25, 2005 10:29 AM
Clematis plants are tougher than they look. I have mine planted on my clothesline poles and the winter winds always break the one of them away from it's wire support. I just man-handle the vine in the spring by grabbing it with my hands and pulling it to the top of the post where I wrap part of the vine around a nail to hold it up.

I don't think putting in another pole will hurt it, especially if you use the same hole as last time. I plant annuals in a bed around my poles and dig up the soil to loosen it right next to my clematis plants. They don't even seem to notice.

-
Terry

May the force be with you

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Latin Names| Next thread: Laura's Aloe Vera email? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: