The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Just some pics

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Just some mountains....| Next thread: Just Some Roses »
Back to Thread index
by gomerp618 on May 22, 2006 03:27 AM
Just wanted to share some pics of a few of my plants.. I am most proud of the first pic. I went to my grandma's funeral last February in Iowa and this was the plant I picked to bring home with me. On the way home after like 10 hours in the car my mom and I stopped to get a motel and some rest.. we were so tired we left the plants in the car in the cold Iowa weather, covering them with a blanket. This plant and the others were in horrible shape the next morning. I ended up having to cut this almost to nothing it was so damaged, little over a year later and here it is.. I call it my Grandma plant!

-

This one contains cuttings from the first plant, as well as purple passion vine and arrowhead
 -

and this is a lemon lime pothos (never mind the cats in the background.. they are allowed on that counter to get away from the dogs, the plant is not normally kept there)
 -

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by preciousgreenfingers on May 22, 2006 04:07 AM
Great plants! I esp like the purple passion vine.
by DowntoEarth on May 22, 2006 05:01 AM
Nice plants! They all look very healthy! I also Like your kitty cats too, I have a couple, one male and one female, the female (Samantha) looks a lot like your triplets!A handful I'm sure!

Susan
by Rosepetal on May 22, 2006 05:40 AM
Love your plants!!!! [Cool]

What's the first one called, it looks like a devils ivy. Sooo healthy now, glad you could save it. [thumb]

And I also love that lemon lime pothos, will go on my list for my next plant. [flower] Oh no shouldn't have seen it, where will I put it.... [dunno]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by DowntoEarth on May 22, 2006 06:52 AM
Your right, the first plant is a Pothos (Devils Ivy)
by joclyn on May 22, 2006 07:37 AM
terrific pics and your plants all look like you take good care of them!

yup, that first one is devil's ivy (golden pothos). pothos are toxic to cats tho, so don't let them chew on them!

what did you do to get it looking that nice?! i just bought one and it's not doing much - still very small.

i've got to get another purple passion plant! (last one i had fell due to me working too much...)

my arrowhead plant has mauve colored leaves (they turn green as they age) does yours do the same?
by Tonya on May 22, 2006 08:07 AM
Beautiful plants! I love my pothos! It is the reason I have more plants- I fell in love with gardening after having success with it! Yours are very happy! Love the cats, too! I lost my cat last September....he looked just like yours.

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by gomerp618 on May 22, 2006 08:22 AM
actually I haven't done anything special with my pothos, just hung it up and leave it alone other than to water it. It's off to the side of an east facing window that is covered with one of those cheap roll up bamboo type curtains, seems to like it there.

My arrowheads come out green, but I've seen the mauve colored ones too, they are pretty.

I've been fascinated with the lemon lime plants that I have seen popping up recently. I got the pothos recently, but I've seen philodendrun and dracanea with the lemon lime and just recently ordered a hosta that I am waiting on.

Downtoearth.. those three actually are related.. the one to the left of the pothos is daddy Pookie, the first one in the box is his daughter Sadie and the last one is his son Joker. I have 4 other cats and 2 dogs as well.. I'm not a glutton for punishment at all! [nutz]

I wasn't aware that pothos was one of the ones poisounous to my cats.. seems like most plants are. So far I've been pretty fortunate that they don't really chew on my plants. I do have one young kitty that eats the tips off my Bromeliads and anything with spiky leaves so I've tried to keep all plants away from them, which isn't that easy.

I was fortunate one time that my dog got into one of my Schefflera plants that nothing serious happened. I was at work, he pulled it out of the dirt, ate half of it and then puked all over my bed.. fortunately the puking was the only harm done and he hasn't touched a plant of mine since.

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by joclyn on May 22, 2006 09:12 AM
yes, there are a lot of plants that can cause harm...even if they do nibble on the pothos, it'll burn so they should stop after a bite or two...and no serious damage to them...

smart puppy!! he learned after the first bad experience!! [Wink]

i've been seeing a lot of vibrant yellow/lime plants this year too. i'm not a yellow person at all.

i HAD to buy the pelargonium x hortorum geranium tho!! tri-color leaves: yellow/lime with light green and a touch of brown/magenta. bright pink flowers. just too different to pass by!!!
by gardeningmomma on May 22, 2006 01:46 PM
I love the lime green ones as well.
I guess I've just been lucky with my dog and cats- they don't seem that interested in my plants. My friend has a terrible time with her cat using her plants as a litter box. [devil]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Just some mountains....| Next thread: Just Some Roses »
Back to Thread index