The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rubber tree death????

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Rubber Tree and Wandering Jew| Next thread: Rubber Tree Help!! »
Back to Thread index
by robinstang50 on May 16, 2006 10:58 AM
I have had a rubber tree plant for about 30 years, it was beautiful. I gave it to my daughter for her new apartment and now its on its last leg. It lost all its leaves. Just sticks sticking out of the soil. I brought it home to try to save it but don't know where to start. I realized it was in a pot with NO drainage. I cut back some of the roots and now have it soaking in water to form new roots??? Help
by Jiffymouse on May 16, 2006 03:11 PM
i'd not soak it, but rather if it has viable roots (the consistancy of raw potatoes, only stringy) then i'd put it in fresh, dry potting soil, in medium-bright light and just water it when it gets slightly dry. sounds like root rot/water stress.
by lcyrose on May 24, 2006 03:20 AM
I too had a 28 year old rubber plant (a gift at the birth of my daughter) and when I moved, I entrusted it to friends....and they let it die. I was SO angry!! Now I have 2 new ones....that will probably outlive me. I take it very personally when I give(or entrust!) someone with a plant and they let it die.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rubber Tree and Wandering Jew| Next thread: Rubber Tree Help!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: