The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

When to plant bulbs in Wisconsin

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: when to pick rose hips?| Next thread: When to plant daffodils? »
Back to Thread index
by Ceramicslover on October 05, 2005 06:36 AM
Hi everyone. I am planting bulbs for the first time in my life. I live in the southeastern part of Wisconsin and started planting a few October 1st. Now it is really warm again (High 80's today and yesterday). Is it still safe to keep planting or should I wait until the middle of October? Thanks soo soo much!
by Ceramicslover on October 05, 2005 07:43 PM
Whoops! So Sorry! I didn't realize I put this in the wrong topic. I wasn't paying attention.
by heidi_ho80 on October 05, 2005 10:57 PM
It is too early. You should stop, put the remaing bulbs in the fridge and wate untill after the first hard frost, I live in Michigan so this sometimes means there's snow. But the worst thing that might happen is they will start coming up. What kind of bulbs?
by heidi_ho80 on October 05, 2005 10:58 PM
It is too early. You should stop, put the remaing bulbs in the fridge and wate untill after the first hard frost, I live in Michigan so this sometimes means there's snow. But the worst thing that might happen is they will start coming up. What kind of bulbs?
by Ceramicslover on October 05, 2005 11:25 PM
What kind of bulbs? Oh my! Well, I kind of got carried away and bought tulips, hyacinths, grape hyacints, daffodils, and iris. Once I got started, I just couldn't stop. I bought over 200 bulbs. Lol!! Lucky I have a big yard.
by heidi_ho80 on October 06, 2005 01:22 AM
I love bulbs. But you have to be passant and wait to plant them I know it is really hard for me too I planted 9 kinds of tulips 2 years ago and I had never planted bulbs before. I wanted to plant them in like September when I got them all (by mail). But my mom was like. . . NO wait till it gets cold for sure, so I had a HUGE bag of bulbs in my refrigerator crisper drawer My husband didn't know what they were and asked me once if they were some kind of onion, really. I love hyacinths too! They will be beautiful

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: when to pick rose hips?| Next thread: When to plant daffodils? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: