The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cardinal climber

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by auntnene on September 26, 2005 09:05 PM
I planted a little package of dollar store cardinal climber that went nuts. The hummingbirds love it and it is sooo pretty! Does anyone know how to gather seeds? I don't even know how to find them. Also, any suggestions on how to unravel it when the season is over?

Thanks, auntnene

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by plants 'n pots on September 27, 2005 03:58 AM
Hi auntnene~

I grew these also, for a second year, but they didn't do very well. Anywho... the seeds are in the little brown pods that form when the flower drops off. Wait til the pods are brown and dry - the seeds are small and black - 1-3 seeds in each pod.

I just cut the vines in several places and pull it off the trellises when the season is done. Glad you and the hummers enjoyed it so much!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by auntnene on September 27, 2005 09:12 AM
Thanks Lynne! Cutting sounds better then my usual tugging and pulling at things at the end of the season [Roll Eyes] I had never seen one before and this one took over every thing around it. I am soooo glad I didn't chop it down a few weeks ago... it was all vine and no blooms. Once the weather cooled a little, it burst into bloom. I'll wait until I see seed pods and grab as many as I can.

Thanks again [Smile]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: