The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Spider cuttings

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spider baby question| Next thread: Spider mites »
Back to Thread index
by Amber J on April 19, 2006 12:34 AM
I had such luck with spider plants when I was down in Tucson. Up here in Phoenix, and since I had to give away all my plants before I came, I am having very little luck with them.

I sooooooooo want my lush plants back and hanging everywhere! So I am posting to see if anyone has a spider plant with babies that they want to get rid of, would you mind sending them to me? I would be forever happy!! [grin]

Please PM me if you will and I can send you my address.

Thank you thank you!!
by Ross on April 20, 2006 02:07 AM
i have some but i would be worried that they would get damaged in the post

ross
by Amber J on April 20, 2006 01:56 PM
They don't actually, they are very hardy. Anyone anyone??
by kirksgirl on April 20, 2006 08:10 PM
I have traded baby spider cutting several a times by mail, they hold up very well. just wrap the roots in wet paper towels and newspaper. They will be fine.
by bettyboop1948 on April 20, 2006 08:46 PM
I have some baby's on mine plants, I have about 4 spider plant's [Wink] they all have babys,
if u want some i will share
bettyboop1948 [thumb] [flower]
by SpringFever on April 20, 2006 09:36 PM
I have a curly spider plant with some babies.. What do you do just chop it away from mommy? [dunno]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Jiffymouse on April 23, 2006 11:00 AM
yep. that is exactly what you do. either that or you can pot up the baby without severing it, then after a few weeks sever it. done it both ways.
by mich168 on April 23, 2006 11:13 AM
Mine has some babies on it that I can send. Its a standard spider plant with the white stripe down the center of green leaves. Its huge though, and quite the survivor....

Let me know if you want any!

-
 -
by Tonya on May 02, 2006 05:54 PM
I have a great spider plant that is constantly throwing babies...let me know if you still need them, would be glad to help!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spider baby question| Next thread: Spider mites »
Back to Thread index