The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

my Hoya plant has bloomed and questions

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My house Plants| Next thread: My Hummer's are gone!! »
Back to Thread index
by angelblossom on April 15, 2006 07:37 AM
My hoya plant has bloomed and it actually smells faintly like chocolate this is the first time this one has bloomed for me ! It even gets pink leaves and vines I knew it was a hoya when I got it a year ago but it didn't have the name of it. I also have a hoya carnosa that is budding to bloom again.. Does any one know the name of the hoya with green and cream leaves that also have pink leaves and vines?? ??And why it only blooms one bloom per year or should it be blooming more and would it okay to use a bloom booster fertilizer on it this spring?Is there a way to encourage more bloom spures??
 -

-

-

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by margaret e. pell on April 15, 2006 07:39 PM
It looks like "Krimson Queen" which is a cultivar of H. Carnosa. Mine is too small to bloom yet, and my big hoya (by big I mean the pot's on the floor and the vines are reaching along the ceiling and anywhere else they think they can) is an H. Publicalyx "PinkSilver" that is 'shy to bloom.' I'm also interested to hear if people think bloom fertilizer will work, or any other hints to get this monster thing to bloom. Yours is so pretty!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by angelblossom on April 15, 2006 11:45 PM
Margaret.... Thanks!! I know there are some hoya lovers members here I just couldn't find the thread . I did a search but couldn't find anything about utilizing a bloom booster so...
hopefully someone can answer us. [thumb] [flower] I did read however that it's harder for them to bloom indoors,, But TX is soo Hot I'm afraid to take outside even in the shade [dunno]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by margaret e. pell on April 16, 2006 02:04 AM
I think a lot of hoya originate in the Philippines and Indonesia, which are hotter, even, than Texas!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My house Plants| Next thread: My Hummer's are gone!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: