The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

plant for bathroom with one window

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: plant flowers. . ...| Next thread: Plant gifts.... Need help.... »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on April 02, 2006 08:49 AM
a friend is remodeling her bathroom and said she wanted to put a small plant in there. what would stay alive in a humid room it has 1 east facing window but a few feet over from where the plant would have to be so it wouldn't get "direct" sun. any ideas?
by Will Creed on April 02, 2006 09:11 AM
The humidity levels in bathrooms are vastly overrated. The humidity from a running shower dissipates rather soon after the door is opened.

Try a Pothos or a Chinese evergreen. Both are readily available in small sizes, relatively inexpensive, and do well in lower light.
by cinta on April 02, 2006 11:01 AM
My spider plant grows like crazy and it get very little light. I imagine if she wanted a structural plant a Sansevieria, what we call mother-in-law plant it seems to grow anywhere. Ivy, they have beautiful varigated ivy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by mycateatspiderplants on April 13, 2006 08:30 AM
depends on the look she wants- draping vines or tall and thin or bushy...pretty much any plant would like that kind of spot, semi-sun and some humidity- every plants dream!
[flower]

saving one pet wont change the world, but surely the world will change for that one pet....
by gardeningmomma on April 13, 2006 09:05 AM
I've had good luck with ivy in my bathroom. It gets very little sunlight.
by bettyboop1948 on April 13, 2006 10:02 AM
Well if it is Moderate Humidity,These plant's will work in bath room Chinese evergreen,Coralberry,English Ivy,Prayer plant
are a Wandering Jew
bettyboop1948 [thumb]
[wavey]
by tkhooper on April 14, 2006 04:53 AM
I had my avocado right in the shower with me and all three pits sprounted. That was an east window. I just took them outside to harden off. Next week they will finally get their new home. Hopefully they survive the foot traffic until they get big.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: plant flowers. . ...| Next thread: Plant gifts.... Need help.... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: