The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ivy cutting

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: ivy /eradication| Next thread: Ivy cuttings »
Back to Thread index
by gardeningmomma on March 30, 2006 10:33 AM
My friend gave me a cutting off of one of her ivies. At the time, it was just one leaf. Now it has nine leaves. I would like to cut some of the leaves off and fill up the pot some more. Is there a special way to do this? I don't want to cause any trama to it.
Thanks,
Gail
by Rosepetal on March 31, 2006 12:49 AM
Hi Gail,
I have an English ivy that grows fast, and the way to fill up the pot is just to cut the vine and let it root in water, then add it to the first ivy.

Then you can start the process again. I'm not sure you can start with the leaves, I've never heard of being able to do this with an ivy.

I've started four different ivies this way and they root quite fast in water. Try it and see how it goes.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by margaret e. pell on March 31, 2006 07:05 AM
Whatever you did the first time worked. Do it again!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by gardeningmomma on March 31, 2006 08:30 AM
Thank you for your responses.
Margaret- that's exactly what I did. Don't know how and why, but it worked! Hopefully it'll happen again.
Rosepetal- I've never had luck with it before, but some how the leaves are taking root. Maybe it's not a true ivy.
Thanks,
Gail

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: ivy /eradication| Next thread: Ivy cuttings »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: