The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bad news - I lost my new bushes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bad neighbor| Next thread: baked banana pudding »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on November 05, 2004 07:48 AM
Those two red ones I was trying to get identified and the two spikes (I think they were Adam's Needle).

Around noon hour, somebody took the trouble to come round in the bloody rainstorm (that's just amazing) and rip out my new bushes - also ripped our plants out of my tree circles under the birch and the austrian.

Whoever it is must have a lot of hate inside and is probably hurting a lot more than I am.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by loz on November 05, 2004 01:20 PM
Oh Carly, that's sad.......sorry to hear it.

We have a lot of young troublemaking teens around here that would do something like that....

Are you going to replace them??? Maybe you should wait and try some kind of rose bush--that would deter someone from pulling them up...... [dunno]

laura [Smile]
by gardenmom32210 on November 05, 2004 02:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about that [tears] We have the same problem here too. It burns me up to put alot of hard work into something just to have a mean person come by and destroy it [Mad] Tuesday I discovered that someone had broken my birdbath,broke all the stems off of one of my roses,completely pulled a yucca out of the ground and threw garbage into my pond [Frown]

I feel sorry for people like that,they have no respect for people or appreciation for hard work and as a result will probably have a sad life.

G-Mom [grin]
by Carly on November 05, 2004 04:59 PM
Well, I won't let it get me down - yes, we'll replace the bushes one way or the other. No point doing it now - I think we were pushing it planting them this close to the frost anyway.

By spring whatever it is somebody's got in their craw might have dislodged.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bad neighbor| Next thread: baked banana pudding »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: