The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

creeping charlie has me weeping(almost)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Creeping Charlie| Next thread: creeping flox ? »
Back to Thread index
by Mrs.Bradley on March 13, 2006 02:53 AM
i bought a creeping charlie and immediately put it on my kitchen counter next to a southeast facing window. it is losing leaves and some are losing color. [scaredy] it definitely is not as healthy as when I brought it home. any tips? what kind of light does it require?how often should I water? [dunno]

-
 -
by netty on March 13, 2006 02:58 AM
I have creeping charlie growing wild on my lawn. It seems to thrive with full sun and on the dry side. It does better than the grass!

-
 -
by Mrs.Bradley on March 13, 2006 03:07 AM
[angel] thank you,netty. I like to hear that my plants will survive my inadvertent neglect. I will need to move it again.I put it on top of the fridge today,but not much sun there. Ill have to put it in the living room or something. [thumb] thanks again

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on March 13, 2006 11:15 AM
i have my creeping charlie (swedish ivy) in a pot in my bathroom where it gets good light, but totally indirect. it gets pretty dry, but has good humidity from the showers. it doesn't seem to mind neglect, just doen't like sunburn.
by Mrs.Bradley on March 13, 2006 11:50 AM
thanks Jiffymouse. im glad it can be a little dry.im good at that. maybe ill keep it on the fridge for a few days and see how it does. if not, maybe a window facing a different direction. [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on March 13, 2006 11:55 AM
the windows in my bathroom face north and northeast, but they are large and let in a lot of indirect light.
by SeptemberMorn on March 14, 2006 01:32 AM
I've got two Creeping Charlies; one inside and one outside. The one in my front room is in a window that gets a lot of light but he's getting leggy. The one outside is doing a lot better since I moved him from where he was getting direct sunlight for a short while. His veins turned purple and the leaves faded. I didn't like that so I moved him to where he doesn't get any sun at all, just a lot of bright light. He's beautiful now! They do like to get dry between waterings or they'll turn yellow quickly and drop their leaves. [Wink]

On the other hand, my Curley Leaf Charlie will do great with some direct sun!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y103/SeptMorn/
by Mrs.Bradley on March 14, 2006 02:49 AM
thank you Septembermorn. [Wink] Ill keep that in mind. I dont know if its because I want it to get better,but it seems a little better on top of the fridge.its warm up there. I wonder if that is helping [dunno] it seems to be regaining some color since I put it up there.

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on March 14, 2006 10:14 AM
it could be since it would help dry it out if you were overwatering. sometimes the right amount of water for a plant in one place is either not enoug or too much in another.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Creeping Charlie| Next thread: creeping flox ? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: