The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My Plant Eating Grand Dog Wreck

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by JV on February 21, 2006 11:10 PM
Here are photo's of the flower wreck and what I have left. Got 8 mangled leaves I am trying to get started now. These are not the leaves I started earlier they are doing the same and thankfully locked in another room . Tiki was taken back to my grandson last night by his mother.
Wreck in Kitchen
 -
In living room
 -

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by JV on February 21, 2006 11:16 PM
Wreck by TV
 -
In front of Bird cages it's a wonder she didn't kill the birds I guess.
 -
This is all the plants I could salvedge hope they make it this includes my cabbage plants.
 -

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by peppereater on February 21, 2006 11:25 PM
GOOD GRIEF, JIMMY!
Is Tiki a puppy? I may have missed some posts. What a mess!
Sorry that your place is now a plant intensive care ward.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by JV on February 21, 2006 11:55 PM
Dave she is a 5 month old Pit/Mastiff mix. A very loving dog but just tears everything up. Caught here outside later eating a young prickley pear I pulled a few thorns out of her mouth she has to be the tuffest dog around. She showed no ill effects from the Crown of thorns or the prickly pear. Here she is after eating my tropical Hibiscus now have to start all over with it.
 - She better feel lucky I don't kill dogs for this some people would.
Jimmy

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by peppereater on February 22, 2006 12:17 AM
"She better feel lucky I don't kill dogs for this some people would.
Jimmy"

It was tempting, though, wasn't it? What a mess!
But who could harm such a sweet looking thing! That's just the greatest pic, Jimmy!

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by plants 'n pots on February 22, 2006 12:25 AM
OH MY JIMMY!!! [kissies]

And here I was complaining in the CH about the 2 broken glasses I had early this morning! [Embarrassed]

I can't even imagine finding that, and keeping your cool! [Frown] When I saw your new cabbages, I just yelped out - what a shame!!! [tears] Thanks goodness no person or pet was harmed in all that mayhem! I'm glad she went back home, and hope that you are able to salvage most of your precious plants.

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by jonni13 on February 22, 2006 01:31 AM
Oh, so sorry, Jimmy.
Take it slow fixing the damage. Nice plants won't do you any good if you're too ill to enjoy them.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by JV on February 22, 2006 01:40 AM
Yes Dave it was tempting had to keep telling myself she is a pup she doesnt know better but I think she did it because I had scolded her earlier about taking a leaf off my Caribbean pepper plant and eating it pepper and all. She is a very sweet and loving dog. If she were mine she would have been to mans best friend a long time ago like I tried to get them to do. Lynne hate to disappoint you but I did lose my cool I called her every name in the book beside sweet puppy she stayed outside until Joyce came got her last night. We both cried when she left don't think she knew why she was going away but she cried and tried to wrap her paws around my neck when I told her bye. No more keeping anyone's dogs cost too much in emotion and plants. My dogs never bother anything they just roll with the flow. Also after she was banned from the house I heard Mimi my Tabetian Spaniel cry out Tiki had all of Mimi's head in her mouth. Just hope he finds a good home for her.
Jimmy

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by plants 'n pots on February 22, 2006 01:59 AM
That's about how I felt this morning while cleaning up the broken glasses. Brian was still awake and on his computer at 3:30a.m., so I ran up to his room and told him to come get his cat - he then roared at me for having the glasses out where Oliver could get to them - woke Don up - there will not be happy sounds here when he gets home from work tonight!!!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by barleychown on February 22, 2006 12:39 PM
Oh, Jimmy! I'm so sorry! [shocked]

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by sabrinajellybean on February 23, 2006 01:36 AM
Oh my goodness...

Michelle : )
http://callmeshell.blogspot.com/
by weezie13 on February 23, 2006 02:07 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh, Jimmy, I feel for youuuuuuuu..
I know exactly what you are going thru..
My mothe'rs dawggggggggggg is doing the same thing..
She's scraping at the door frames, wood shavin's all over the place..
She gets into the garbage, and eats stuff, like Kleenex's *ewwwwwwwwwww, wher'es the pukin' gremalin*
She's hunting down every scrap piece of anything my mother has dropped on the floor or left on a table/coffeetable, etc... and ripping stuff apart to get it...

I go over and be with her/let her out nothing less than 5 times a day.. and sh'es just a handful.
She's in the kennel right now for tearin' the heck out of the door frame..

I should show you my pictures..
(I took them so mother could see)

That Tiki is a very cute dog though..
(My brother has a Mastif, no small dog either)

I have to say in my mom's dog's defense, she misses my mother sooooo much...you can just tell.

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by comfrey on February 24, 2006 06:22 AM
Oh Jimmy What a terrible mess the pup made and your poor plants!!! I haven't had this happen with plants, but have had dogs trash the house and it is no fun...That's the reason I have BIG dog cages for mine to keep them and the house safe when I have to be away from the house. Our house was totally trashed by a pitbull once she not only got the trash and scattered everywhere, Turned over the living room chairs, shredded feather pillows on the bed chewed a BIG whole in the center of the head board, amoung many other smaller things, She never stayed at home alone again...She just went everywhere we went and we never had another problem out of her, Do you know how hard it is to get feathers out of shag carpet???? The dirt will be the hardest thing to clean up, Hope you will have help cleaning this all up!

-
 -
by JV on February 24, 2006 07:15 AM
Comfrey had help my Kirby tried to get it all Monday. On Wed. when I changed and cleaned my cages and fed everything. I deep vacuumed again and mopped the Kitchen before I put the mats down for the birds.
Jimmy

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by comfrey on February 24, 2006 07:51 AM
Oh that was a big help having Kirby to clean most of it up for you! She needs a home with no other pets, so she can have full attention and someone who play with her, People are always saying oh he/she will grow out of it.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] That is just not always true. My Sammie is 3yrs old and he has way too much energy and is always into something. He is just like a three year old child..exactly!! How do I know one came over to visit and the too of them do the exactly the samethings...So I have just learned to keep things like shoes put out of reach the dog.

-
 -
by ShirlS on February 26, 2006 07:14 AM
OMGOODNESS!!!

What a mess she made.. WOW!! maybe whoever takes her should muzzle her, when she gets trying to chew on things( training). I am sorry Jimmy, you must have been really upset. She sure is a cutie though.

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: