The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Potting for Indoors Today

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Potting| Next thread: potting mix »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on September 30, 2004 01:37 AM
Ooooohhhhhhh! Depressing! The weather guy said we 'might' get a frosting before the week is out. I wasn't taking any chances. Potted everything on my table garden.

-

All that's left on that picnic table outside my window is the wild bouquet vase, the scrub pot and empty plastic swans.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

A lot of stuff went into the rock garden.

Well, I've got my seeding project to comfort me. And I've still got the whole front lot to clean up and tackle any zany landscaping jobs that might come up - like more work with sticks and stones.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by weezie13 on September 30, 2004 05:34 AM
Man, I wish I had that much window space!!! [thumb]
I would love that!!!
I can't over winter hardy one plant in my windows..
KIDS!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by loz on September 30, 2004 06:52 AM
I have a good bit of room at my windows through the house, but the draft seems to always kill them....thanks for sharing.....seems like winter is coming way too fast doesn't it? I'm ready for some hot summer days again. [thumb]
by Bess of the Piedmont on September 30, 2004 08:39 PM
Good thing you got those done in time, Carly! I have started potting for winter, but I better get back to it. I have a feeling we'll have an early frost this year. Wish i had that kind of window space, too. Some day I'll glass in the back porch. [Roll Eyes] sigh! [Roll Eyes] I'm dreaming!

-
 -
by suzydaze on September 30, 2004 11:52 PM
my weather guy said 38 here for saturday nite, I've been potting up all day too all I have to do now is give everything a good drink tonight and inside they come tomorrow.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by Carly on October 01, 2004 07:16 AM
I heard that by Tuesday we'll have a low of 1 degree celsius.

I know - I do wish we could go back to the way we measured - this metric thing is something I never did get used to.

I still say 6 feet.

-
by Meg on October 01, 2004 12:54 PM
I don't plan to bring any pots in. If the flowers don't make it, they don't make it. The only thing I plan to do, is extra mulch for the winter, and something for my trees to protect them over the winter.

Windows, what are those? Oh, yea, there's some in the upstairs, where we don't go much. Um.. the living room has 2 big windows, but there's nowhere in there for a plant to sit.

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by suzydaze on October 01, 2004 02:36 PM
I think I got everything dug up. Ashley helped so I'm not really sure. I know I still have a couple elephant ears to dig up. I usually try and just start bring in one ofr two a day until I get them all in, but the sudden chill just jumped out of no where. Usually I have til the end of oct to get them all in. I started last week digging pots out and getting ready I sure hate that I have to rush now to get it all done.

I'm with you carly I caoul not do metric. even in school I just couldn't get it.

Meg, I wish I could leave mine out year rourd, now last year frost was all we got here, no snow And no freezing rain.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by Carly on October 03, 2004 12:35 AM
We had rain, wind and brrrrrrrr . . . today.

I'm lucky to have some window space. The reason I put a lot in the office is cause of Skitter the cat - she snoops into everything. But she has been good about the small stuff I've put in the window here. So maybe she's grown out of that now.

Last year when she was still a kitten ( 6 mo ) you couldn't leave anything like that out. She would knock it down.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Potting| Next thread: potting mix »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: