The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

red hot pokers, not blooming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: red hot pokers| Next thread: Red Hot Sally, not so hot.. »
Back to Thread index
by veggiebin on September 24, 2004 06:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Last year I planted some red hot pokers from seeds, and I have yet to see them bloom. I assumed last year that maybe it would take a year before they bloomed, but now this year I am beginning to wonder whether they will at all. They are in a fairly sunny location, get plenty of water (maybe too much???). What could I do to get them to bloom?
by afgreyparrot on September 24, 2004 07:38 PM
Wow, I passed up an article on Red Hot Poker in a gardening magazine yesterday! Didn't read it because I don't have one.

Post this question in the third forum down from here..."Plants and Flowers", and someone will for sure be able to answer your question.

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum!

Cindy [wayey]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by weezie13 on September 24, 2004 09:25 PM
Veggiebin,

Cindy's right,
quote:
Post this question in the third forum down from here..."Plants and Flowers", and someone will for sure be able to answer your question.

So, I'll move your post into the Plants and Flowers section, you'll find it's a bit more traveled thru with our gardeners.... you'll more than likely get an answer in there!!!

And Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way, we're glad you found us!!!

Weezie

Interesting name, where'd you get it from???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by weezie13 on September 24, 2004 09:29 PM
****Cindy,
quote:
Wow, I passed up an article on Red Hot Poker in a gardening magazine yesterday! Didn't read it because I don't have one.

Get back there and do some reading on it,
you'll never know when you might get one and need to know the info!!!

I read anything I can get my hands on!! [critic] [teacher] [critic] [teacher] [critic] [teacher]

And you'll find you'll become a more confident gardener when you read all those little tid~bit's of info you never knew about!! [thumb]

Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by Bess of the Piedmont on September 24, 2004 09:37 PM
Welcome, fellow Kniphof.ia fan!

A friend of mine gave me some red hot pokers babies once and they took three years getting established before they bloomed. But when they did, what a fine sight! Sit tight, they may bloom next year and reward you with many years of striking flowers after that.

-
 -
by veggiebin on September 28, 2004 07:29 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the info on the pokers, I will wait until next year. I was wondering whether they need some fertilizer or something to give them a boost. And, if so, would it be best to apply it in the fall, or the spring? I have grown them at a previous address, but purchased plants from a greenhouse. They did wonderful then.

My name came to me when I needed a login name and had a magazine open to a page that had vegetable bins for sale. Kind of silly, huh?
by weezie13 on September 29, 2004 02:55 AM
quote:
My name came to me when I needed a login name and had a magazine open to a page that had vegetable bins for sale. Kind of silly, huh?
No actually, it's kind of cute!!!
I just love the names people come up with!!
So much fun!!! [Big Grin] [thumb]

Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by melcon6 on September 29, 2004 03:37 PM
Weezie, where did your name come from? [dunno]

Veggiebin,that's a great name.

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!

Active Garden Forum