The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Turkey Sandwiches?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Turkey recipes| Next thread: Turkey Stir-Fry »
Back to Thread index
by plantqueen on December 22, 2006 03:52 AM
Does anybody know how you make hot turkey sandwiches in the crockpot? I am looking for a recipe that would be like shredded beef sandwiches but with turkey instead. When I make my shredded beefs I put in beef broth, lipton onion soup mix, beer, garlic, oregano and sugar. Any ideas on how you would do the turkey???

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by joclyn on December 22, 2006 06:44 AM
canned or jarred turkey gravy and sliced turkey (either from the deli or home-cooked and then sliced up). add water to thin the gravy out a bit if you want...

to spice up the gravy add in salt/pepper to taste, a bay leaf, some garlic powder and some onion powder (or even slice up an onion and put it in).

you could also put in some thyme and some sage - or even the 'poultry mix' - it has thyme, sage, garlic, onion, etc in it.

for extra added flavor put in a cup or two of white wine...the alcohol will cook away leaving you with a really nicely flavored gravy.
by plantqueen on December 22, 2006 11:03 PM
Thank you joclyn! I might try that one but what I had in mind was one that would be with a broth! I have had it at various parties but do not know how to make it.

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by joclyn on December 23, 2006 07:05 AM
use chicken broth [Smile] or turkey, if you can find it canned (i've seen it, not too often tho).
by plantqueen on December 26, 2006 10:29 PM
Thank you joclyn!

-
 -

-

by joclyn on December 27, 2006 04:09 AM
so, how'd it turn out?
by plantqueen on December 27, 2006 04:25 AM
Oh I didn't make it yet! I'm not sure when I will be making them but I will let you know when I do! [thumb]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Turkey recipes| Next thread: Turkey Stir-Fry »
Back to Thread index