The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Miniature Snapdragons

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Miniature Snapdragon Pictures| Next thread: Miniature Snapdragons »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 20, 2005 03:34 AM
they dried up overnight. They are crunch twigs today and none of the seed pods have any seeds in them to speak of. Anyone have any idea what happened?
by MaryReboakly on July 20, 2005 06:45 AM
[tears] Didnt you just water them yesterday? Or was that the day before? May be they got sprayed with something...or by something... [dunno]

-
 -
by tkhooper on July 20, 2005 09:48 PM
I think your right Mary. I just worry cause I can't soak them like they should be. Definitely top of my list next month is the soaker hose. No way can I keep them watered through August if it's like it usually is here.
by RugbyHukr on July 20, 2005 09:50 PM
If you can put some mulch around your plants, it will help to retain moisture in the underlying soil.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by tkhooper on July 21, 2005 12:48 AM
I did mulch this year, thanks to my landlord being willing to pick up 3 bags of mulch for me at the store. The only things that didn't get their fare share were the portulaca, calendrum, carnations and tomatoes. The tomatoes didn't get any because they were an emergency plant and by then I was out of mulch and the others didn't get any because I thought they didn't like mulch lol. I'm forever getting information wrong. Hopefully I get it right next year.
by Fernie on July 21, 2005 01:02 AM
I have a whole bunch of little green seed pods this time on my pink mini. Hoping I can get some seeds for you! I will watch very closely!

-
 -

- GO DAWGS!  -
by tkhooper on July 21, 2005 03:21 AM
Good luck. They are such shy little things. Did I send you some of the red and yellow for next year? I can't remember anything.
by Fernie on July 21, 2005 09:23 AM
Yep you did! We will be the mini snap dragon queens!!!

-
 -

- GO DAWGS!  -
by tkhooper on July 21, 2005 11:06 AM
oh if my ex-husband could see that line lol

snap dragon queens - hehehehehe

Even my sponsor would be rolling on the floor laughing at that one.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Miniature Snapdragon Pictures| Next thread: Miniature Snapdragons »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: