The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Mini Hosta Collection

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: mini cactus!!!(am i that simple?)| Next thread: mini lily care »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by slredmond on June 27, 2006 05:16 AM
Finally getting around to uploading pictures! Here's a link to pictures of some of my hostas - these are the little ones. They have gotten a little bigger (these were taken about 3 weeks ago)but not too much. As you'll see they are photographed with my favorite coffee mug for size perspective (plus I thought Thornius would get a kick out of it!). [clappy] Nothing like a stroll in the garden in the morning with a good cup of coffee! [sleepy] Note the photo name is the hosta variety.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551699096

Sandy R.
by patches1414 on June 27, 2006 06:18 AM
Sandy, I think your mini-hostas are awesome. [thumb] I have 'Tiara' but none of the others. 'Peanut' looks interesting.

quote:
Nothing like a stroll in the garden in the morning with a good cup of coffee!
You better believe it! [Love] There is nothing like it in the world and it's something I look forward to every morning. [Wink]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by TulsaRose on June 27, 2006 09:45 AM
Sandy, I loved looking through your beautiful mini-hostas and have a question. Where did you get that hilarious coffee mug? I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the whole picture. [Big Grin]

I have one mini-hosta and don't even know its name but it sure is sweet. I would like to have more eventually. Maybe you can name it? It's about five years old and has stayed petite...you can get an idea of the size compared to the two bricks of the edging.
 -

Coffee at daybreak in the garden...BLISS!!!

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by patches1414 on June 27, 2006 05:56 PM
Rosie, that's a beautiful mini-hosta [thumb] and still so small for 5 years old. Why don't you post a picture of it in Mystery Plants and see if someone can identify it, then you can come back a tell us what it is! [Wink] [Wink] [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by slredmond on June 28, 2006 12:22 AM
Rosie - look at the Golden Tiara in my pictures - that may be it.

Regarding the cup - isn't it a hoot? [Big Grin] I actually have a matching T-shirt. A neighbor of mine ran a gardening store out of her home, and had a HUGE garage sale of all her merchandise last summer because she is getting ready to move. I spent waaaaay too much money on tools, bird houses, garden art, etc. There aren't any mfg marks on the mug, but I need to ask her where she got her stuff because it's adorable.

Sandy R.
by TulsaRose on June 28, 2006 12:53 AM
Sandy, since we all seem to be gardening\birding fans (freaks? [Big Grin] ), looks like those cups and t-shirts would sell like hotcakes. I know I would buy some for myself and both daughters who also garden.

My little mini does look very similar to your Golden Tiara...thanks for the ID. I think I will divide it this fall as there seem to be several offsets toward the back of it.

I was thinking about all of you while having coffee at daybreak and watering containers this morning. It's a gorgeous day...60° and I'm a happy camper. [grin]

Have a super day everyone...

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by penny in ontario on June 28, 2006 01:58 AM
Rosie, your hosta's look great!

I am trying them for the first time this summer and so far so good!

-
 -

-
by patches1414 on June 28, 2006 07:38 AM
Sandy, I hope you can find out where she got the T-shirt and mug. It's adorable! I love it! [Love]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: mini cactus!!!(am i that simple?)| Next thread: mini lily care »
Back to Thread index