The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dogs on the lawn

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Dog poop runoff| Next thread: Dogwood or Japanese maple? »
Back to Thread index
by prince on June 20, 2006 05:49 AM
Can somebody help. How can i keep dogs from using our lawn as a toilet. Please Please help. Thank's in advance
by Karrie on June 20, 2006 03:29 PM
Wish I had the answer to that one, I am near ready to shoot the neighbors min pin. It seems to find my flowers as the most convient bathroom. The owners think its funny. I wonder how much they would laugh if I had my sait bernard go potty in their flower beds or walk ways. lol

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by Jiffymouse on June 25, 2006 02:03 AM
lots of discusstions on these, but the best idea i have seen/heard is a motion actived sprinkler. one that when the dog comes to the area in question, they get sprayed with a good blast of water. it will interrupt what ever they are doing.
by auntnene on June 25, 2006 04:17 PM
My neighbor painted a sign that says, "This is a yard. Not, a bathroom for dogs", and hung it on a tree facing the street. Trust me, I walk my two labs on the other side of the street. I don't want to be pin pointed as the lady whose dogs pee in her yard [Frown] [Embarrassed]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by Karrie on June 26, 2006 02:59 PM
lol that is too funny auntnene. Intemidation I like that. lol

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by KKMedic on June 28, 2006 03:15 AM
There is a PeePost that is treated with pheromones (sp?) that you can put somewhere in your yard if you are trying to trained your dog to potty somewhere specific and not all over the yard. If it is neighbors dogs... there is a spray called DeTer that is a deterant (sp?)and dogs and cats dont like the smell so they stay away from it. Also sprinkling cayenne pepper in your flower beds is a good natural remedy. If your personal pets are creating nasty urine spots on your lawn... there is an herbal supplement that can be given as a treat that somehow makes the urine not quite so acidic, look on www.petedge.com they have all of the suggestions above for the best prices I have found.

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -Mother Teresa

Work for the Lord - the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's sould remains unawakened."   ~Anatole France
by badplanter on July 06, 2006 02:23 PM
the sprinkler is a really good idea....i had a dog problem with my veggie garden, but all i had to do was put up a 3.5ft fence-----i no this doesn't help...but if you want to put up a fence that is tall enough dogs can't get over it, or a tall fence that u can see right through.....

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dog poop runoff| Next thread: Dogwood or Japanese maple? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: