The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

open space problem

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by healer48 on March 27, 2006 10:56 PM
I have a space about 5'x20' beside my house that has two peach trees. Does anyone have a suggestion about what might grow there? It has full sun almost all day and I don't want to have to mow because of the trees.
by Longy on March 28, 2006 01:45 AM
You could grow pretty much whatever you want healer. Are you thinking along the lines of shrubs, bushes, more fruit trees, vegies, flowering annuals or perennials or perhaps a mix of some of the above? What is the soil like? Does it drain freel or remain wet and soggy after rain? Is there an existing lawn there at the moment?

-
The secret is the soil.
by tkhooper on March 28, 2006 04:16 AM
Well since you'll need to walk on whatever is there to harvest the peaches I'm thinking of one of the hardy thymes.

-
 -
by obywan59 on March 28, 2006 07:36 AM
My local garden center had some new types of groundcover plants called Stepables. You can use them in pathways, or anywhere you would want plants but would need to walk occasionally. They had about a dozen different varieties, but online they say they have over 130 varieties.

Stepables

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by healer48 on March 28, 2006 09:18 AM
I want to say thank you for the suggestions. something I can walk on and not have to mow, that looks nice to the neighbors. Again, thank you.
by SpringFever on March 28, 2006 09:43 PM
Irish moss is pretty and has little white flowers and you can walk on it. I think red creeping thyme is also pretty.maybe both in some kind of design.

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: