The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Carnations blooming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Karrie on July 04, 2005 12:48 PM
Hello I have planted 2 carnations they are lush green and bushy but no flower stems. I saw some at lowe's today they were pretty punnie but they had stems and blooms. Mine have been in the ground for about a month and I miracle grow frequently and water daily any ideas on when or if I will see flowers on my little darlings. Right now people think they are blue feschua grass (sp?) [Roll Eyes]

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by tkhooper on July 04, 2005 12:50 PM
Next year. They take two years to bloom. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

-
 -
by phoenix on July 05, 2005 11:17 PM
you may also want to cut down on the watering i read that they like to be somewhat on the dry side. i was overwatering mine and the leaves started to turn yellow, i cut back on the watering and they are fine now. i've had 5 blossoms so far this year(out of 16 plants)so i'm patiently waiting until next year to see more blooming

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by Karrie on July 21, 2005 11:54 PM
ok I went back to the nursery where I purchased them.........hers had blooms. Sniff Sniff. But they werent near as lush as mine. So again I believe that I am coddling them too much. I tend to do this. She suggested I cut back on the fertalizer and water. So I am gonna try to negelect them a lil and see what happens. I am starting to believe my flowers are breaking me in for my childrens adolescence when they wont need me as much. lol

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: