The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Red Poppy & Baby's Breath

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Red Poppy & Baby's Breath| Next thread: Red prayer plant »
Back to Thread index
by Sami on August 08, 2004 06:43 PM
I just got some Red Poppy seeds & some Baby's Breath seeds. I want to plant them. Is it too late in the year for me to start? Can I put them together in the same bed? I don't know anything about either plant. Does anyone have any knowlege that can help me?

-
Talentless but connected.
by njoynit on August 09, 2004 06:04 PM
those are things we sow in winter like septemberish.And I have seen grown together would have to check your hights on pack.And you don't wanna ask me about poppies.I'm not successvil with them,well ceept those that grew in fridge.they were fine till took out.& i did have a few sprout up and wee actually growing till hubby ran a power line from fuse box to garage.He dug right through my 4 miricles.i don't even know which ones finally made it,hopeing the other seeds may wake up.I heard a lady had my luck also& gave up and 5 yrs latter they sprouted& been growing ever since.
I did grow babies breathe once.I had a rose bush.I don't know what it was was small pink blossoms that would bloom in clusters for 2 mo then be gone had a slight hint of apple smell in mornings& they would fade white near end.i keept sowed every 2 weeks some babys breathe& when rose bush not blooming would have the babies breath.It blooms july- frost if sow every 2 weeks up till now

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by Sami on August 12, 2004 05:19 AM
OK, checked heights on packages & looks like they will look wonderful together. So, I should plant these around September...? And, will they both re-seed? I read that the poppies should & things I've read about baby's breath says it can be invasive...so it sounds to me like they will both reseed? And, I should have a pretty flower bed each year, even though they are both annuals? Am I hoping for too much? [dunno]

-
Talentless but connected.
by pagarden on August 16, 2004 07:04 AM
those the free seeds you get in the mail? my neighbor and my mom both got some and gave them to me. my red poppies never came up although i had planted some other types of poppies and they came up. and the babies breath i planted with my daughters mini rose bushes and it's doing just fine. i only planted once and have had flowers for probably almost 2 months now. it is pretty tall and overshadows the roses but does look sort of nice together.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Red Poppy & Baby's Breath| Next thread: Red prayer plant »
Back to Thread index