The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

TOMATO JUICE RECIPE

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Tomato Juice| Next thread: tomato leaf curl problem »
Back to Thread index
by jfredt on July 12, 2006 05:39 AM
Does anyone have a great tomato juice recipe?
by Amigatec on July 12, 2006 02:18 PM
The In-Laws just heat them up and run them through a collander using a whip or something, then just salt to taste.

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by comfrey on July 26, 2006 05:18 AM
Here is a recipe for Tomato Juice:
9 pounds of tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice

Wash tomatoes. Remove stem ends and cores, cut into pieces, Measuring about 20 cups of tomatoes. Place in large pot and cover, slowly cook tomatoes, until soft about 15 minutes. Stir often to prevent sticking. Press through food mill or sieve to extract the juice...measure 12 cups. Return tomato juice to pot and bring to a boil. Stir in lemon juice. Pour hot juice into hot jars, leaving 1/2 of headspace. Add 1/4 tsp salt to each pint or 1/2 tsp salt to each quart. adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath for 40 minutes. Makes 6 pints of juice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But I do mine alittle differnt...I cut the stem ends and cores out and cut into pieces and run through my food mill before cooking...Then I place the juice in the pot and bring it up to a boil then I add a tablespoon of sugar at a time, tasting and heating until I have the taste I like. Then I process them in waterbath.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on July 26, 2006 06:36 AM
That sounds yummy [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Tomato Juice| Next thread: tomato leaf curl problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: