The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

A Tip For Serving Iced Drinks

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: A sod Farm| Next thread: A Tomato Question? »
Back to Thread index
by Merme on July 09, 2006 02:15 AM
Because I am a person who prefers much ice in my cold drinks, AND tend to be forgetful and let them sit for a while, I am well aware of how melting ice can dilute a special drink too much and make it unpleasant.

When I prepare a special cold drink ahead of time for guests, I like to make ice to match it specifically to avoid that problem.

If I am making an iced tea, I will make additional tea to freeze as cubes. Then when they melt in the glass they do not ruin the tea.

And, if I am being REALLY fancy, other things can be added to the tea ice cubes as well. I've added small bits of fresh lemon, or a sprig of mint, and for a tea such as Boston Iced Tea which has cranberry juice in it, you can add a raspberry to each cube.

The same applies for special fruit drinks as well that you wish to serve over ice. You can freeze up some of your fruit drink and the sky is nearly the limit on things you can add to the cubes... bits of strawberries, for instance, or oranges.

And to tell you the truth, we even like to eat the fancy ice cubes plain! We will stick a couple in a bowl and munch on them as though they are popsicles!

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by penny in ontario on July 09, 2006 03:31 AM
Thanks Merme,, what a great idea [thumb]

-
 -

-
by kennyso on July 09, 2006 03:44 PM
I just freeze grapes (for cocktails) and drop a whole bunch of them in the bowl.

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by Tonya on July 10, 2006 01:21 AM
Nice ideas guys!! Thanks! [thumb]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Zenith on July 11, 2006 03:02 AM
Good idea Merme [thumb]

Not sure I will get to try it to soon though I don’t think beer cubes would be the best [Big Grin]
Good thing I have plenty of cold beer I don’t think I have ever left one long enough for it to warm up.
[muggs]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: A sod Farm| Next thread: A Tomato Question? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: