The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cream cheese pie

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by plants 'n pots on June 21, 2006 04:27 PM
The original recipe calls for topping with a can of cherry pie filling, but I like to use fresh fruit for the 4th of July and make it look like a flag.

Ingredients:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 13 double pieces crushed.)
1/2 cup melted margarine
1 8oz. package of cream cheese (you can use the light if you like... I do)
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
2 cups prepared whipped topping (I use redi-whip)
blueberries and strawberries for topping decoration

Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine, and press into a 9 inch pie pan.

Mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended.

Add whipped cream to cheese mixture, then spread over crumb mixture in pan.

Cover with fresh fruit in any decoration you like (make sure fruit is dry, or water will dilute the cheese filling) - I use the blueberries in a corner and make stripes out of cut strawberries to make it look like a flag for the 4th.

Or you can use a can of cherry pie filling or other pie filling fruits on top.

Chill for 3 hours, cut and enjoy!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Merme on June 21, 2006 04:37 PM
Lynne~ this seems easy enough to do and sounds quite YUMMY! I like the idea of the fresh fruit on top to look like a flag.

Thanks for posting this.

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by Mrs.Bradley on June 23, 2006 03:48 AM
Hi plants'npots! my grandma always made this recipe,only,she used double( and dream whip instead of redi whip).same result......this stuff is soooooooooo good!!!glad to know that there are more people out there with great taste!..insert big smile here...

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on June 23, 2006 05:37 AM
Right, Lador! [Wink]

It did say you could use cool whip, but I figured the can was easier...
Also... I find that if I put too much whipped cream in it, it gets rather runny, and difficult to slice, and also eat.

It is very very rich, though, so small bits of the yummy stuff at a time. It's really great for gatherings though! You can really use any kind of fresh fruit of canned fruit topping!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Mrs.Bradley on June 23, 2006 12:52 PM
I agree. too much whipped cream makes it too soft. and oh boy, a little goes a long way,but thats ok cause then it lasts longer.yay!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: