The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Crape Myrtles

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Crape Myrtle Problem| Next thread: Crape Myrtles »
Back to Thread index
by Flowers4ever on June 30, 2005 12:45 AM
First time on this site and I was wondering if anybody ever uses Epson Salts around their Crape Myrtles? If so, how do you use it?

Thanks
by weezie13 on June 30, 2005 02:30 AM
Flowers4ever,
I use Epsom Salt, but I use it for my
tomatoes...most of my veggies in the garden...

But not on the specific plant you're asking...

I am going to move your post into the
PLANTS AND FLOWERS SECTION..........
You'll get a better response down in that
area.

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by RugbyHukr on June 30, 2005 03:05 AM
Epsom salts were used for some essential minerals before we had so many commercially available fertilizers. The practice has probably been handed down.

Epsom salts give plants magnesium & sulphur.

magnesium is essential for chlorophyll production. Lack will result in poor chlorophyll production & stunted plant growth.

sulphur is essential for photosynthesis. The use of sunlight to transform carbon dioxide into sugars. Also, it is an important ingredient in a plants' produced chemical resistance to pests.

Proper sulphur levels will result in better bloom & seed production.

You can use epsom salts. Or commercially available fertilizers & ammendments which will give a more complete diet for your plants and result in greater health if used on a proper schedule.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Flowers4ever on June 30, 2005 09:50 PM
THANK YOU!!!

I also have a house in NC and there was a gentleman down there who uses Epson Salts around his crape myrtles and they were beautiful. Didn't know whether he sprinkled it around the trees or mixed it with water.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Crape Myrtle Problem| Next thread: Crape Myrtles »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: