The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Crickets(?) in Shed

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Crescent Rolls| Next thread: Crimson Fan »
Back to Thread index
by EricDerek on November 10, 2006 02:57 AM
I seem to have an infestation of something in my shed, and now they seem to be coming into my house.

These guys remind me of crickets. Long thin body, giant legs, jump like crazy, no wings. They are black and brown/yellow. There are a hundred, maybe more in my shed. Now I have noticed few in my basement.

Does anyone know what they are? How do I stop them from coming into the house? How can I kill them? I think the ones in my house maybe be hiding out in the space under my stairs.

Help!

*** UPDATE - I beleive they are Camel Crickets.

Help!!!
by faerywatcher on November 26, 2006 12:58 PM
i just found this thread and boy, can i relate!!!!! they are camel back crickets and i have them too! [Eek!] i have them on the side of the house, under the house, and in the house. they come up in the house at night and plot my death.

i looked them up and read about them. i have a infestation of them too under my house in the crawl space. they are harmless, they don't sting or bite, but are capable of giving (me) mild hearattacks! there are several things to buy to first kill them and then put up a barrier to keep them out. i can't remember where, but just google their name and see what you come up with.

it said on there that they like dark, damp places and they can reproduce quickly. they also EAT linens, drapes, and even carpet. what you think could be moth damage to something, can really be camel cricket damage. AND....since they are a "meaty" insect, mice love them, which can lead to another problem.

i'm going to order some stuff before spring to try to get a handle on them. for now, my only defense is a fly swatter and my cats.

-
 -
Beyond this place, there be dragons!
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/faerywatcher/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Crescent Rolls| Next thread: Crimson Fan »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: