The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Teeney Tiny Black Dots on my Hybiscus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: TeaTime| Next thread: teensy weensy caterpillars »
Back to Thread index
by FishB8 on October 13, 2006 01:52 AM
We were getting ready to bring in our 2 Hybiscus plants before they got cold and noticed that the underside of the blooms that had not opened yet were black, upon further investigation this black is very tiny spots of bugs. We put the plants in the garage but I'm worried about bringing them in the house until I get these little things off. Any idea what I might be dealing with? I could try to get a photo of them tonight but I didn't think I would be doing this at work today?
by Gata on October 15, 2006 07:17 AM
Sure hope someone answers, I got them on my butterfly weed.
by Buglady on November 11, 2006 03:52 AM
well a photo would help.. scale? buckshot fungus? dead aphids? dont know without more info....

-
 -
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time
by Jimmy V on November 21, 2006 11:08 AM
Sounds like aphids put a little dish soap mixed with water in a spray bottle and spray real well should kill them. Before I bring anything in the house I spray with Biogantic Home and Garden insect spray by GreenLight it is organic and so far I have not had a problem except with a few paper wasp that came in but so for my Nepenthes has taken care of them. I don't mind them as they never bother my birds, me or any of my animals and just might pollinate my flowers for me. [thumb]

- Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.
 - GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops! Jimmy's Photos
 - Jimmy's Blog

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: TeaTime| Next thread: teensy weensy caterpillars »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: