The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

barbeque beef

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Barbecue| Next thread: Barberry »
Back to Thread index
by ladystressout on June 06, 2006 07:08 AM
Hello everyone and I need a recipe for barbeque beef made on top to the stove or in a slow cooker? My hubby loves the stuff and I think I can make a better one then the kind I buy?So,help me out here and proud to him that I can? Bye
by catherine crehan on June 07, 2006 10:45 AM
It is very easy.
get a chuck roast.
Put in a pan.
Cook for about an hour on low,when done,save the drippings.Put in fridge.When it is cool pull it apart with fingers.Put drippings back in pan(if your husband likes onions,chop up a large onion,cook in drippings)put beef in pan,add a bottle of any brand of bar- b -q sauce you like.
My kids loved this when they were little.

You can cook the beef the nigh before,and pull it apart just before heating,when you are pulling it apart,take out any fat you can see.
It is very good on hamberger rolls or over rice.

I hope it turns out great.
by cookinmom on June 08, 2006 10:00 AM
You can do the same thing in the crockpot. Just rub your roast down with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and maybe a teeny bit of cayenne pepper if you like a little spice, and stick it in the crockpot in the morning. I add a bit of water too, just because I'm paranoid about burning stuff up (after what I did to a chicken in the crockpot shortly after we got married), and cook it on low until shortly before supper.
Then do the same thing Catherine said, and it will come out really good.
The main thing is, don't start out with a fancy cut of meat.
Happy Barbecue!

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by shanbear on June 08, 2006 10:40 AM
Ladystressout:

I LOVE using my crock pot and a very simple recipe I love to use is as follows:

• 1 kg Roast (I use sirloin tip but use whichever is your favorite.

• 1 tbsp of Beef OXO Powder (Bullion powder) per every cup of water.

• 4 cups of water.

• Dry rub seasoning to your taste. (Ex. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder...etc.) before you drop it in.

• Cut up some potatoes or vegatables and throw them in there if you'd like as well.

I'd place this particular recipe on LOW for 8-10 hours. The roast will come out perfectly cooked.

The good thing about this crock pot recipe is that its simple, mouth-watering, and makes your house smell phenomenal! Plus, there's really no set rules on what to throw into it- it comes out very juicy because of the water and with putting the OXO powder and dry rub, the flavors soak into the meat.

Enjoy! [wavey]

Sincerely,
Shanbear

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Barbecue| Next thread: Barberry »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: