The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pink Queen Anne's Lace?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Pink Poppy..?????????????| Next thread: pink quill »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on July 28, 2004 08:13 AM
I had no idea they came in other colours till I saw them yesterday at the beach.

I'm flabbergasted.

-

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by weezie13 on July 28, 2004 04:52 PM
Hi Carly,
I can't see toooo clearly on the pictures,
but I'm thinkin' they are "YARROW" or "Achillea".
They come in white and red and pink's...

Weezie

*(the wild whites can be aggressive)

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by plants 'n pots on July 28, 2004 05:23 PM
I'm thinking the same thing, Weezie. [thumb]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Carly on July 29, 2004 08:46 AM
Ha ha!

Oh, I'm such an ass - here I am telling everybody about this pink QAL - I won't forget that one too easy.

Thanks so much for filling me in.

-
by weezie13 on July 29, 2004 02:28 PM
Carly,
Never feel bad!!!
We all have to learn and there's a learning period everyone goes thru!!!
My quest *for a loooooooooong time now* is to learn the latin names of the flowers.....
**I have been at it for a loooooooooooooong time,
darn kids, husband, mother, neighbor's, gardening, etc., etc., keep slowing me down!!!* [Big Grin] [Wink]
I had a wee~one and a C~section and a long time nursin' and even longer winters' here..........
I just get any and alllllllllll the "free" magazine's/catalog's that come in the mail from the seed/live plants, etc... mail order catalog's.
And read, read, read, read, readdddddddddddddddd.
They have alot of GREAT info, great pictures, and if you get enough of them, the repetition of reading, eventually you start to really reconize flower's and their traits, growing habits and color's and new colors' and all their growing requirements....
Some have this point, some have that point,
and you start to remember this and that from the first cat/mag... and start remembering it right away the next time you see it in the next catalog.
And keep your enthusiasm for gardening and plants.
That will get you thru alot, of trials and errors.

Besides, I've been involved with plants my whole life...grew up in the country, lived in the woods, *well, I'm not a gnome or fairie* but I've gardened with my parents and that they were really into gardening and plants and nature!!!
So, I've had a wee~bit of time to know alot of garden stuff!!!

Weezie

Love your photo's and mystery pictures, they're lot's of fun!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by plants 'n pots on July 29, 2004 04:36 PM
WOW... do you have the WEEZIES this morning!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [kissies]
I'm in total agreement - don't be embarassed, Carly! Life is a learning experience, and the only time to "feel like an a$$" is when you stop trying - right?

Recently, a friend has been correcting my pronunciation of a few flowering plants. I hadn't taken the time to find out EXACTLY how they are pronounced, and really am not too concerned with that - I feel that as long as I know the proper name, I'm ahead of the game! [thumb]
Anyway... "you say tomAto, and I say tomaHto..." [perplexed] [lala] [grin]

Keep posting and sharing your stuff, Carly - we love it!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Carly on July 29, 2004 09:53 PM
Thanks Weezie and Lynne - I feel better. I enjoy showing my pictures (I love taking them and showing them off).

Guess you know I'm striving for photo journalism work. I have a few things published but nothing you would call 'big', ya' know?

The topic of plants is something that can keep me studying all year round - when the snow falls, I can work on my photo journals.

Today I was out for my exercise (biking and swimming) and I made a point of studying the QAL & the Yarrow.

I'm posting the five pics separately - I want to get it straight once and for all.

Next time Jeff and I are down on the trail, I want to be able to say - hey! That's Yarrow - that's Queen Anne's.

BTW - the guy that leads the Stewardship in High Park (Don) lives in our building - I'm always picking his brains about plants. He is all for cultivating the park with 'native' plants. I feel differently - if I like it, I think it should grow.

He said 'don't think about cultivating that lace, for heaven's sake'. Heh! Heh! I would spread it up and down the street if I had my way - I just love it.

:-0

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pink Poppy..?????????????| Next thread: pink quill »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: