The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Colorado Potato Beetles & Aphids

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Colorado Blue Spruce| Next thread: Colored »
Back to Thread index
by AngelsGardener on July 30, 2006 02:42 PM
I have two beautiful rose bushes and a hibiscus in a planter. The other day I'm out in the garden to cut some of my grandifloras and I see what I think is a dead bee stickin' out of one of the buds. But now wait, they are all over the bush along with aphids [devil] !! Gross. I run grab the Schultz's bug killer. I read the directions after I look up these disgusting beetles, yes this will KILL aphids and Co. potato beetles. So I spray just as I am supposed to, both rose bushes (it hasn't hit the hibiscus yet). The next day they have invaded the hibiscus. Spray, spray, spray again.

Today, I go to check my roses and the @%&# [Mad] things are back again, what's up! I thought I wouldn't see the little buggers again for two weeks.

H E L P!!!
by RugbyHukr on July 30, 2006 03:44 PM
try a systemic insecticide. this is taken up thru the roots or absorbed thru floiage. anything that feeds on your plant will die.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Colorado Blue Spruce| Next thread: Colored »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: