The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Loz, I have a question for ya!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: lowe's-planning a water garden| Next thread: Loz's tropical cake »
Back to Thread index
by melcon6 on September 02, 2006 12:41 AM
Do you collect seeds from your zinnias every year?? Or buy seeds? Or buy 6 packs? Your zinnias are so pretty, you inspired me to try some this year and I was wondering how and if I should try collecting the seeds from them?. [dunno]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by tkhooper on September 03, 2006 12:38 AM
If you collect the seeds wait until a cone has formed and the petals start to fall off before you harvest or your seeds won't be viable. I ran into that problem from last years harvest. But I'm doing much better this year. Good luck with your garden.

-
 -
by loz on September 03, 2006 03:37 AM
That you for the Zinnia compliment, I might try and save some of the seeds, but to be honest I look forward to very early spring--and going and buying seeds at Walmart.

Once the flowerhead petals have fallen off you can easily collect seeds like TK said...just make sure you get the actual seeds and not the chaff. [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: lowe's-planning a water garden| Next thread: Loz's tropical cake »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: