The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cypress Vine Seed Harvest

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: cypress vine.| Next thread: D'oh, my yellow azalea leaves! »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 14, 2006 07:08 AM
Hi all,

I'm patiently watching my cypress vine for seed pods. The landlord and I really like the vine and plan to put up a trellis for it next year. Now the trick is to find the seed pods.

So if anyone has a picture of one I sure would appreciate getting a look at it. Or if you could describe it.

What I'm seeing is a roundish shaped object that has turned from green to a very dark purple and that has a white tit on the end. Is that the seed pod? And if so what should it look like when I harvest it?

Thank you for your help.

-
 -
by TulsaRose on July 15, 2006 12:06 AM
TK, you've spotted the unripe seed pods. Just wait for them to turn brownish before you harvest. They are very much like their cousin, the Morning Glory.

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by tkhooper on July 15, 2006 02:10 AM
Thankyou tulsarose,

I went out to look at it today and it's gone. I don't know if one of the wildlife garden buddies got it or if it dropped of because it was ripe. But I've got my eye on another one so maybe I'll get lucky with that one.

-
 -
by loz on July 15, 2006 06:03 AM
Man I planted some of that last year and now it's popped up EVERYWHERE......I'm constantly pulling it out because it's strangling out my other plants.... [shocked]
by tkhooper on July 16, 2006 01:32 AM
I planted it in one of the 3 foot containers. I do have to detangle it from the delphium and cleome pretty much daily but it hasn't managed to more yet. Not that I would mind. The only dirt near the planters is a small area where the telephone poles are. And that is all weeds so some red cypress vine would look really nice there. Maybe I'll get lucky.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cypress vine.| Next thread: D'oh, my yellow azalea leaves! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: