The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

repotted pitcher plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by angelblossom on October 08, 2006 03:25 AM
Well I finally got up the courage to repot my original pitcher plant I got in Jan. [scaredy]

Yes I was a chicken [lala] Not being experienced with these at all ..
After a lot of intense research and studying sites over and over again , and purchasing all required soils, barks, and sphagnum, and sand required and deciding on the best mix.. I did it!
I also had to cut off ALL the dead pitchers that had hung so beautifully for the last several months.. That in itself was verrrrrryy scarey I hated doing it, but had learned thru my research I had put it off far too long as it was preventing more pitchers from forming.. ALthough they should never be cut off untill they are completely shriveled and dried up, and never cut off anything green( Unless your taking a cutting to start a new plant of which I'm doing now).. SOOO Here's to keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I've done everything right,, the next few months will tell.. I wrote everything down step by step that I did, so I can refer back should the need arise.. It is almost twice as big as it was when I got it. Here to bigger better growth and many more hanging pitchers!!
 -
I will continue to post updates on this one
[thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by plants 'n pots on October 08, 2006 04:55 AM
It's looking very good, Diane!
Nice and green and healthy!

(if you ever have a spare cutting, I'd love to give it a try! [grin] )

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Jimmy V on October 08, 2006 10:16 AM
Diane that is looking good. Hope it does well will be doing one of mine this coming week I think. Just redid my dwarf Banana today just trying to stay busy been a long time since I got up at 3:00. I am also going to try a cutting see if I cn do it just havent had the nerve and today was very trying at best. This new high speed is spoiling me no end.

- Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.
 - GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops! Jimmy's Photos
 - Jimmy's Blog
by angelblossom on October 08, 2006 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
It's looking very good, Diane!
Nice and green and healthy!

(if you ever have a spare cutting, I'd love to give it a try! [grin] )

Lynne!! If the cutting I'm starting now are successful, then in the spring I sure will send you some [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: