The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

CAN ANYONE ELP WITH MY VENUS FLYTRAP PROBLEM?????

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by planttt on September 27, 2006 07:02 AM
I have a venus fly trap and its dieing i have it rollie pollies its hard to get flys...

I give it sun light and the soil is always damp.

And i still have it in the small pot it came with sould i cange the pot? to maybe someting like the hamster togo cages?

please help
----------------------
i am going to transfer it to a bigger pot i get fish bowls are good but i want a lid so imgoing to use the hamsterones...

My main question is where can i get soil i dont wan alot of soil i gust need a little like a small box

can i use soil from outside?
by angelblossom on September 27, 2006 07:14 AM
Plantt try this site it may help!

http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html
scrool down to Venus Fly traps this is an excellent site move around in it there is a LOT of info!!

Hope it helps you!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by TomR on September 27, 2006 09:33 AM
is it outside or inside? It should be OUTSIDE, it'll get all the bugs it needs outside. This is NOT an indoor plant. It also needs dormancy in the winter. Not freezing but about 40 degrees F.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by planttt on September 27, 2006 09:41 AM
its indoors when im not home because i read that they shuld not have rain water it might have acid in them so it out when i get home at 2:45. i also read that it should not have direct sunlight.
by planttt on September 27, 2006 09:44 AM
and theres also alot of rabbits and racoons where i like and i dont want the plants to be eaten or getting triggered by the animals
by TomR on October 02, 2006 09:47 AM
Rain water is the best water for VFTs ( as well as distilled if rain water isn't avaiable) and any plant for that matter.

It also needs direct sunlight. I don't know where you get your info but it's totally wrong. It has to have dormancy also which means where you are in Ill. it's too cold to stay outside but MUST be put where temps are between 35 and 45 degrees until spring. A unheated basment or attic or even a refridgerator which is typically 40 degrees F.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: