The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cactus needs help

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Cactus is shrinking!| Next thread: Cactus problems »
Back to Thread index
by Jonnie on September 08, 2006 03:37 AM
I really don't know what kind of cactus this is, but it got knocked over and damaged, and now it is recovering, and little "sprouts" are coming out on the damaged parts. Some of the damaged branches don't have sprouts, so do I just cut that part off?

Jonnie
 -
by Tonya on September 08, 2006 04:35 AM
[wavey] Hi Jonnie!

Can you describe the cactus? Is it tall, short, barrell shaped? Is it prickly or soft (I have both...) Do the ones without new growth look healthy or is it getting dry and crunchy? Sorry for all the questions, but it will help us help you. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it would you?

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Jonnie on September 08, 2006 08:50 AM
i will try to get a picture. It is dry and crackly... on theones without growth. It is tall, and spindly. Prickly... but not like all over. It is kind of like a thin flat bladed type, not a fat kind like you see in the desert. Geez, i have to get this picture thingy down. Someone in this family has a digital camera.. I think one of my great grandsons. I will see if he can get a pic.

Jonnie
 -
by Tonya on September 08, 2006 09:26 AM
If it is dry and crackely...I would say cut it off and just watch the new growth. If it was still green or soft, then the plant is still using/feeding it, but since it is dry- it is most likely dead. Would still like to see a pic if you get a chance.

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cactus is shrinking!| Next thread: Cactus problems »
Back to Thread index