The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Kalanchoe Care?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Merme on May 19, 2006 04:12 AM
I was recently given four kalanchoe's in full bloom. Three are in 4 inch pots; the last one in a 2 inch pot.

These did not come with any instructions and I do not know the best way to care for them.

I have deadheaded all the blooms when they were finished.

Any suggestions?

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by jonni13 on May 19, 2006 06:22 AM
Merme, Let them dry between waterings like most succulents. Lot's of bright light and warmth. I have been told that they are hard to get repeat bloom from but I must live in a zone that they like because they do well by me. And deadheading is the proper thing to do with the spent blooms. Let us know how they do for you.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by joclyn on May 19, 2006 06:53 AM
when repotting, do a mix of regular soil and cactus soil. and, as jonni already said, let the soil dry out a bit before rewatering. they like good sunlight.

they also are very easy to root from a stem cutting! just put in water for a bit until the roots form and then plant in soil.
by Merme on May 19, 2006 09:05 AM
Thanks!

I've been keeping them in a cooler area than what you have indicated; I will move them forthwith!

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by preciousgreenfingers on May 26, 2006 10:15 AM
I killed mine by overwatering so beware!!!

Active Garden Forum