The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

i know i should be patient...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: I killed the cleome I think| Next thread: i know it's early »
Back to Thread index
by hinda on June 06, 2005 10:34 PM
i planted some cuttings of lemone scented verbena a couplw of weeks ago and i have been caring for theem since. i know thqt gqrdening takes much aptience and i hae the patience but i would liek to know that i am watering a live plant and not simply making mud when i water teh verbenq. how long should i bewating to sees oe results?? and can i apply this rule to other thigns that i have planted? like grapes for example
thnaks hinda
by uki on June 06, 2005 10:49 PM
[flower] I put my cuttings in pots with a plasticbag over it,if they have big leaves I cut them in half so that they don,t loose too much moisture,after a couple of weeks check for new growth or gentle pull on the cutting and you can feel if they have rootet.I use this method for fuchsias,geraniums,hibiscus,plumbago,Datura and more. [kitty] Good luck to you

-
Even winters coldest day can't keep the hope of spring away
by tkhooper on June 07, 2005 09:50 AM
Hi Hinda,

I am a major chicken when it comes to cuttings. So I usually wait to see. They either dry up and die like a cut flower would or they get new growth. I does take a long time. I'm usually sure I have failed and just as I am giving up it will pop up with some new growth to give me hope.

I haven't grown the same things you are trying so I don't have any specific advise.
by mike57 on June 07, 2005 05:27 PM
HI [wayey] hinda
just keep your cuttings a little moist not real wet and keep them in the shade.you should have roots start growing in abought 4 to 6 weeks.the bag methed works to you dont have to water them much that way.but i just root mine in the shade. i rub root hormone on them befor placeing them in the soil.hope this helps and good luck with your cuttings.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I killed the cleome I think| Next thread: i know it's early »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: