The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My poor tree!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: My poor south side| Next thread: my poor zucchini! »
Back to Thread index
by debnoel on September 03, 2006 01:31 AM
During the night someone came by my intown house and mindlessly snapped off my Bradford Pear tree out front. [Mad] The whole center of the tree is gone. The main part of the upward growing trunk is 10 ft shorter than it was. Whoever did it really had to work at it! All that is left are the smaller branches. Now I have to figure out how to save it and help it get ready for winter. Any ideas?
by Jiffymouse on September 03, 2006 03:03 AM
i don't have any ideas, but i am soooooo sorry about your tree! that would make me sooooooo made and sad too.
by merrillzone5 on September 05, 2006 03:44 AM
What a horror story debnoel.I have 3 Bradford Pear trees of various ages on my property and I hope that I can give some helpful advice. Can you give an approximate age of your tree and any photo would be helpful? What is the diameter of the remaining trunk? [Eek!]
by debnoel on September 06, 2006 04:01 AM
My tree was a Mothers' Day gift from my girls 3-4 years ago. Its bottom trunk is about the size of a soda can. We recut the remaining trunk so it eliminated the ripped bark. It is a smooth slanted cut. Hopefully it will shed the rain and have some to come out of shock before winter comes. If it doesn't make it I guess I'll replant in the spring. There were a lot of kids in the neighborhood for the local HS football game with the arch rival team. The local team won and I suspect my tree lost. If you can think of anything else we can do I'd appreciate it.
by Owllady on September 06, 2006 06:20 AM
What an awful story!! I once lost my favorite potted plant, a sizeable yellow button mum, when somebody kept upending the pot; they finally threw the whole pot way into the yard, spilling everything out. The poor plant was cracked and shriveled by the time I found it. Sometimes, you wonder what goes on between the ears of some people! [nutz]

Owllady (Marcia)
by joclyn on September 06, 2006 06:40 AM
i'm so sorry to hear about your tree!! hopefully it will manage to survive!!!

you did report this vandalism to the police, i hope!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My poor south side| Next thread: my poor zucchini! »
Back to Thread index