The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bonsai Love...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: bonsai help anyone| Next thread: bonsai questions »
Back to Thread index
by Pekemom on August 24, 2006 02:38 PM
Here's my new baby, thanks to an indulgent hubby. I'm very excited, as it's a "Fukien Tea". A lovely little hearty tree that blossoms with petite white flowers. It was WAAAAAY on the back shelf, one of its' kind and thirsty as ever. I'm so happy it found it's way to my home! I now have a total of two in my collection - a far cry from the 25 I kept years ago. But less is more, as they say, and I'm very happy!
 -

-

-
 -  -  -  -  -
Pekemom's Gallery
by Jiffymouse on August 25, 2006 03:01 PM
[thumb] cool. i could never do bonsai, no patience...
by badplanter on August 25, 2006 03:57 PM
wonderful bonsai.! I also would love to have one...they are all so unique and interesting!

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by SpringFever on August 26, 2006 12:32 AM
I love the spotted leaves!! Very pretty tree!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Pekemom on August 26, 2006 04:58 AM
Thanks, Everyone! [Love]

I'm very excited, because today, my new bonsai (in appreciation for being rescued!) sprouted some lovely tiny white buds. This variety is hearty and easy to keep, for those curious enough to try a bonsai. This (Fukien Tea) and the juniper are great starter plants...Think about it, and we can have a little bonsai group here!

-
Aren't I pretty??

-
 -  -  -  -  -
Pekemom's Gallery
by aighead on October 06, 2006 03:09 PM
Nice looking bonsai! I love the bonsai stuff. I'm very new at it but I think they are great!

I happened by the Krohn Conservatory last weekend and they had an excellent small display of about 20 trees. Some as old as 75 years, which doesn't seem that old to me. Some were very nice, and they had one ficus (with many papery looking trunks) to look like a forest and another one that was tiny, about the size of half a DVD case. Too cool. I can't wait to get more into bansaiiiing. [Smile]

I'm a bit nervous about pruning and shaping (haven't done any shaping yet, other than prunage) but excited to train it a bit.
by gardeningmomma on October 07, 2006 09:54 AM
That's beautiful. I love the white dots on the leaves.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: bonsai help anyone| Next thread: bonsai questions »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: