The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Killing a Large Bush - How?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Johnny on July 08, 2004 12:35 AM
Hello all! I recently chopped down a large bush because everybody was alergic to it. I cut it down to the stump. Now I want to keep it from coming back. I covered it with a black tarp as someone suggested I should do.

Will this work? How long will it take to die? Is there a better alternative? (Other than digging it up)

Thanks for your advice,

Johnny
by frustratedattimes on July 08, 2004 02:51 AM
I know there is a product sold at Home Depot for killing off stumps, and the roots. Just can not remember what it is called [thinker] You might find it also, at any yard and garden store. Is it a big stump??? If so, my grandpa used to take BBQ briquets, and stack them on the stump and light em. It burned the stump down below ground line, and killed it and the roots. Or you can do it the hard way and dig it all up with a shovel. When I want to remove and not keep a large bush/shrub I wrap a rope around it and tie it off to my truck and jerk it out of the ground.
Hope some of this helps. [Wink]

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/johncandy1005

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: